Architectural Wallworks install energy smart polystyrene wall cladding systems which are architecturally diverse and can be used for new construction and renovations.
The polystyrene wall cladding system is a lightweight external cladding which has minimal installation time. Polystyrene wall cladding systems are revolutionising the way we build and renovate in Australia.
Are you looking for a modern and beautiful finish for your new home or renovation? Want to cover up old brickwork? Contact Architectural Wallworks today to discuss polystyrene wall cladding systems for your next construction or renovation project.
Advantages of Polystyrene Wall Cladding Systems
- Polystyrene Systems are all very similar, but each has it's own extra selling points and benefits.
- Some Polystyrene Systems are only very new and some have been around for over 20 years in Australia.
- You can have expanded, extruded, pre meshed and fire rated modified polystyrenes.
- Some have BAL ratings for bush fire zones and one system is fire rated.
- All Polystyrene Wall Cladding Systems have great insulation values from 1.7R to 2.2R helping save on heating & cooling costs.
- Polystyrene Boards come in different sizes depending on the system you use. They range from 40mm to 100mm thicknesses and come in 2.4mx600mm to 5mx1.2m sheets.
- All systems can be fixed directly onto the exterior frame or batten system of a new dwelling/extension or over the existing substrate of an existing home (recladding).
- PVC or steel angles are used on external corners, windows and openings for strength and straightness. These are key coated and rendered over.
- Some Polystyrene systems come premeshed (with base and fiberglass already on the board) that is simply meshed over the join and rendered on site and some are completely meshed on site covering the entire board including joins. A two coat texture system is usually used along with a two coat acrylic paint finish or sealer to complete the system and help with flexibility and sealing of the render.
All polystyrene systems vary a little. Contact Architectural Wallworks to discuss your options and help complete your project with a system and finish that will make your house the envy of the street, for many years to come.
Architectural Wallworks work with a wide range of Polystyrene Systems. The links below represent our major suppliers whose websites contain more technical information on their specific products. Please CLICK on the product name to view the website.